Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A New Adventure

I have been wondering how to create a place where we could keep track of our travel journeys once they begin. I can't believe how easy this was to do and find and imagine it is free.

I guess I should start by giving a reason for even wanting to blog. I never before thought we would need a reason to put down in writing the daily ins and outs of our lives.

However this dream of ours has been awhile coming. Actually it starting almost 15 years ago when John and I traveled around the country in a little pop up for three months. It was amazing and beautiful.

Fast forward to 12 years of marriage and three dear children later. John works very hard at his current job. He is an amazing man, husband and father. He works long hours at a very physically strenuous job and NEVER complains. He truely is a one of a kind. But there has to be more to life than that. Just keeping this roof over our heads is not God's best for his children

Well we have been wanting to move south for a number of years now and even went to South Carolina to check it out. We loved it near Charleston and the beach. John even had a job lined up to pump concrete. God had other plans though when I became pregnant with baby number three. He is now almost 4. Time does fly.

So in talking and dreaming about moving it occured to me that we could again travel around the country. Not a problem since our kids are homeschooled(unschooled much of the time). We could share with our kids this awesome country and really spend time together as a family. Besides isn't that what it's all about. For us it really it. I believe this crazy dream of ours will come true. I have been reading and researching for months now. I am a fanatic when it comes to doing my reserch and finding out all I can about something. It has been an information influx of RV models, campgrounds to visit, places to see, stories of other people doing the same thing (Families on the Road). I love learning about those who go before us and pave the way. The life of living on the road in an RV is not that uncommon as it once was. I am excited at the possibilites it presents for this family of five dreamers. We shall see.....

No comments: