Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Enjoy the Challenge

So it has been over a week since my last post. Not unusual for me. I wanted to get this down here so that it was in black and white. John and I agreed that we will put the house up for sale on January 1, 2008. That is not that far off. Next week being October really leaves us with three full months. I have been painting to get it ready. Had a guy come and give us an estimate for the kitchen floor but it was more than we had hoped so that will be another do it yourselfer. The list of things to do before we list the house seems to be growing instead of shrinking. Maybe just maybe I need to overlook some things and do only what is necessary.
We have been looking at some really nice used RV's online and have found some that are in our price range. They are a bit older than I had wanted but with low mileage it shouldn't be a concern if we do choose to go that way.
The planning stages of this trip are long and daunting. Little things like health insurance, copies of health records, figuring out what state to live and the home school regs there. The list is really endless and at times mind boggling. But I am sure next year a this time where ever we will be it just won't matter how long it took to plan only that we did and that we followed this blessed dream. Anything worth doing takes effort so I look forward to the challenges and I enjoy the journey where ever it may lead.

3 comments:

The Miller Gang said...

As I sit here with eyes filled with tears..because I am so proud of you...but also realizing..YOU WILL DO THIS!! I am so proud of you..and your family..for doing this..following your dream!! You truely are a remarkable example of miracles..of what God CAN do!! I love you guys!!! xoxoxxo

alaughman said...

You will get it all done and wonder why you didn't do it a long time ago.lol You are so right, none of it will matter in a year. It will all be so worth it, you will just look back an think "That wasn't so bad." Love you!

Jody Gladfelter said...

6/4/08
John,Theresa,Gabe,Jadon & Bowen,

We are so... excited for you guys to be truly living a DREAM!! Just an FYI for ya this makes many of us quite JEALOUS of You, Ha Ha! We will keep ALL of you in our prayers to be safe while on the road w/ your travels. Please keep posting NEW pics of the kids,your travels and that ever growing belly of yours. Enjoy yourselves!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
Cameron,Jody,Tyler,Dylan,& Shay Gladfelter
xxxooo