Saturday, July 12, 2008

Motocross Heaven




From Niles Michigan we had a long days drive to West Branch near Rose City. We crossed the whole state to end up on the east side driving north past Lake Huron. We have now seen three of the Great Lakes. The reason for the long(over five hours) drive was to get to Ogemaw Sport and Trail Center. Don't let the name fool you, it was a nice MX track with three total tracks and lots of trails but the camping facilities were primitive. We did have water and electric but man this place was way out in the boonies. The road leading there was over two miles of dirt.
John described the place as Eden however as combining MX with camping is just up his alley. Gabe and John rode for two days. John said on the evening of day two that his body was worn out apparently not as young as he used to be. Gabe however rode until almost nine that night. Gabe discovered he likes to trail ride even though he was very intimidated by it before trying it.
The other two kids and I went into town on Thursday to run errands and see a movie, here's a heads up don't go see the movie Wall E. I just didn't get this one. Probable the worst kids movie I have ever seen.
We left Ogemaw with intentions of heading north to Mackinaw City for the weekend. We had some tow dolly issues again. Of course we should have dealt with this already but we do tend to procrastinate. After the long drive out of the dirt road from the sport center John checked the tow dolly and it was so twisted and trashed that he knew we couldn't go any further. We had only gone 11 miles. We called around to different places hoping to either rent a dolly or buy one. Fat chance in the middle of no where. So we drove separate, me in the truck and everyone else in the RV. We later decided to bless someone else with the tow dolly. We knew that somehow we would get it worked out but it was dangerous to be towing that thing behind the RV.
We got to Mackinaw City and headed for the Upper Peninsula where I "thought" our campground was. The bridge to cross over to the UP is spectacular. The water is as blue as any tropical water you will see. I just couldn't believe it when I saw it. The bridge itself it a modern day marvel as it is over five miles long. And the cool thing is that Lake Michigan is on one side and Lake Huron on the other. Because we loved this bridge so much we crossed it twice and payed the toll as well due to me directing us to the wrong campground. Duh. Must be the fact that I am getting older.
Last evening after setting up camp finally we went to look at the Lake and check out the town of Mackinaw City. We ate a the Dixie Saloon, a very rustic and woodsy restaurant that overlooked the water. We then cruised through and open air mall and called it a night. BTW it is very cool here highs in the 60's.

4 comments:

GLADFELTER said...

Hey, girl, baby mama,
It’s great to see some pictures
of the Cashman family. I think
the kids grow 2 inch's ha ha.
Love, hearing all the details.
Your day to day is sooooo
much different then anyone
could imagine right now, and
you get to do anything you want.

GLADFELTER said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

THERESA


LOVE YA MOM AND DAD

The Miller Gang said...

Hey Hey Cashman Luv's!! WOW...sounds like another exciting adventure for the Cashman Crusade! ; ) That is so cool to know that going over the bridge ..about how blue the water was..and for a lake and how there is two lakes on either side...pretty neat!! Everytime I read or hear you tell me/us..I feel like I'm there..I can see it...just as you describe it! We hope you had a fun B'day!! We did call...but LOL..I know the "reception" isnt too good in "Tim-buck-two"...hahaha..
Love you all!!! Keep those fun to read...fun to follow "expeditions"...coming...
xoxoxooxoxo
Miss you!!
~The Miller Gang~

alaughman said...

I bet they were in heaven! I wish I could have been there to see that!.. How is my baby coming along? I can hardly wait to see him/her. Love you so much and miss you more than ever!!